A new studio Cradle Games is taking the Dark Souls series head-on with their new Souls inspired game Hellpoint. The game features the essentials of any Souls game when it comes to enemies, saves and difficulty but is set in a more sci-fi world than a medieval one.
Hellpoint is currently in the Pre-Alpha stage but the game will also feature a Kickstarter campaign to gain further funds for development. As the community absolutely adores Dark Souls franchise, we can assume that the Kickstarter Campaign will also be a huge success.
Hellpoint being an RPG is deeply inspired by Dark Souls, though there is no official release date for the game we can expect it to be between Q4 2017 and Q1 2018. The game will feature solid 60 FPS on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and Uncapped for the PC version.
Note, the PC version of Dark Souls 3 was capped at 60 FPS too.
Embark on a soul conjuring journey aboard a derelict space station and figure out the twisted series of events that led to an occult quantum catastrophe. Hunt, or be hunted by insane mobs, decadent daemons, and deep space monsters, all under the constant watch of the black hole.
A NEW OCCULT SCI-FI UNIVERSE
Explore the enigmatic Irid Novo space colony and piece up hints to unravel stories of conspiracies, strange experiments, and cursed rituals.A REVOLUTIONARY WORLDThe Quantic system based on the station 21 hours’ orbit cycles creates a variety of dynamic events which can be sought and raided to discover new depth to the story.INTENSE STRATEGIC ACTION COMBATCraft weapons and special skills, use tactic and reflexes to outwit your enemies, learn to avoid death lurking around every corner.HAVE FAITH IN OTHERSVenture alone, with or against others in multiplayer, and dedicate your character to a Cult.OTHER FEATURES
- Surprise your opponent by forging your very own supernatural skill using our revolutionary power crafting system
- Find your own balance of risks and rewards by performing strange rituals that affects the power and resilience of the enemies
- Plan and commit to your own network of quantic fast travel checkpoints but think carefully as quantity is limited per playthrough
- The path you take inside the open-world level design determines which enemies take control of various parts of the station, or which cosmic gods will accept to challenge you
- A special take on the new game plus design leaves you wondering if you truly discovered the real secret of Hellpoint